Simple YouTube Embed Plugin Installation
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard
- Go to Plugins->Add New
- Enter Simple YouTube Embed in the search box
- Once you find the plugin hit the install button
- Download the zip version of the plugin
- Go to Plugins->Add New and switch to the Upload tab
- Select the zip file on your computer
- Upload and install it
- Download the zip file and extract it
- Connect to your website via FTP (you can use a software like Filezilla to transfer files to your server) and browse to the “/wp-content/plugins” folder
- Select the folder containing the plugin files on your computer and upload it
- Once all the files have been uploaded to your web server you can activate the plugin from the Plugins menu (WordPress admin dashboard)
Simple YouTube Embed Plugin Usage
You can easily embed a YouTube video by inserting the URL into your visual/text editor. For example:
Once you publish the post/page your YouTube video should like the following:
If you already have some YouTube videos embedded the plugin will automatically make them pretty like the one above.
Disable Related Videos
Adding “rel=0” to the URL will disable related videos from displaying when the YouTube video finishes.
Disable Player Controls
Adding “controls=0” to the URL will disable YouTube player controls.
Disable Video Information
Adding “showinfo=0” to the URL will prevent video information (title and uploader) from displaying in the YouTube player.
Adding “fs=0” to the URL will disable fullscreen option in the YouTube player.