With WooCommerce and PayPal Powered by Braintree solution, you can now accept PayPal, credit card, and debit card payments at your store easily. This simple setup is free and will have your store up and running quickly. Your customers can also complete their purchase without having to leave your online store.
- A web hosting account (e.g. Bluehost)
- A website running on WordPress
- WooCommerce (A free shopping cart plugin for WordPress)
- WooCommerce PayPal Powered by Braintree extension (A free extension for WooCommerce that allows you to set up the PayPal Powered by Braintree payment gateway)
- PHP version 5.4 or higher
- SSL certificate on your site
- cURL support
- Available for use in the United States only
Benefits of using PayPal Powered by Braintree for WooCommerce
- Process PayPal and/or all major credit and debit cards including Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club and JCB
- Help detect and prevent fraud by enabling AVS, CVV and custom risk thresholds
- Process refunds, voids, and capture authorized transactions within WooCommerce
- Achieve PCI DSS v3.0 SAQ-A compliance using Hosted Fields functionality for card detail collection
- It includes the One TouchTM checkout experience, which eliminates the need for PayPal customers to enter a password or card details for up to six months. This allows customers to pay with fewer clicks, which can help improve conversion rates – especially on mobile.
Setup and Configuration
In order to set up WooCommerce and PayPal Powered by Braintree:
1. Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > PayPal Powered by Braintree.
2. Click the Connect with Braintree button if you are ready to begin receiving payments, or click the link below the button to use sandbox mode to test.
3. Tick the box to Enable PayPal Powered by Braintree, if connecting and ready to go live.
4. Enter a PayPal Title and Description and Cards Title and Description to be shown to customers during checkout (optional).
5. Tick the box to Enable Debugging Messages in the system status log.
6. Save changes.
PayPal Powered by Braintree Checkout
On the front end, your customers will see two options to use. Either choosing to pay by card or use their PayPal account to finish checking out.
If the Pay with PayPal option doesn’t show up on the checkout screen you might need to enable PayPal on your Braintree account.
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. If you follow one of those affiliate links and purchase something it will provide me with a little bit of a commission. This costs you nothing extra but helps maintain my site, free plugins, and themes. So I thank you for your support.