Selling digital products is the easiest way to get started since it doesn’t require any shipping, inventory count or warehouse costs. These products can cover a wide variety of things such as photos, videos, eBooks, music, software and more. As more and more physical shops are going online, it’s only logical that we look into the solutions that are available for selling products online. In this article, I will highlight 5 best WordPress plugins for selling digital files online from a website.
WooCommerce is the #1 plugin for selling digital goods as well as tangible products in WordPress. This plugin comes as a free download and a complete e-commerce solution for almost any businesses. You can even enhance its features with various add-ons/extensions. With over 4 million active installations, this plugin can outperform any free or premium WordPress plugin at the moment.
How to Configure a Digital Download in WooCommerce
1) Go to Products > Add New or Edit an existing WooCommerce product.
2) Select the Downloadable checkbox so additional options appear for this product.
3) Specify a Regular price for it.
4) In the Downloadable files section specify a Name and a File URL for this product. If you wish to upload this file to a directory on your site click Choose file. You can add multiple downloadable files to a product by clicking on the Add File button.
5) Specify how many times this file can be downloaded in the Download limit field or leave black to offer unlimited downloads.
6) Specify an expiry period in the Download expiry field (the number of days before the link to download this field expires) or leave blank so the download link never expires.
Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is a lightweight e-commerce plugin specifically for selling digital goods in WordPress. Whether it is photos, software, songs, documents, ebooks, videos, graphics, or any other type of media file, Easy Digital Downloads provides a complete system for you to sell digital products in WordPress effortlessly. Easy Digital Downloads is a highly rated plugin that is actively being used on over 60,000 websites.
How to Configure a Digital Download in WooCommerce
1) Go to Downloads > Add New or Edit an existing download.
2) Specify a price for this download in the Download Prices section.
3) In the Download files section specify a File Name and a File URL for this download. If you wish to upload this file to a directory on your site click Upload a File. You can add multiple digital files to a download by clicking on the Add New File button.
WP eStore is a Store plugin for WordPress. With eStore, you can have your online store up and running in WordPress with very minimal configuration. Thousands of WordPress users are actively using this plugin to sell both digital and physical items from their websites. The main benefit of WP eStore is the ease of use and the security of your digital files.
How to Configure a Digital Download in WP eStore
1) Go to WP eStore > Add/Edit Products or Edit an existing product.
2) In the Digital Content Details section, specify a URL for this digital product in the Digital Product URL field.
3) Make sure to enable the Downloadable option so the plugin knows that a downloadable file needs to be delivered for this product.
4) Specify an expiry period for the download in hours in the Duration of Download Link field or leave blank so the download link never expires.
5) Specify how many times the download link can be used in the Download limit Count field or leave black to offer unlimited downloads.
All the digital downloads configured in eStore are delivered in an encrypted form. The customer receives the download link via email after a purchase is completed. This ensures that the actual location of the file never gets revealed to the customer.
For more information check out the plugin page here: https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/?p=1059&ap_id=naa986
Stripe Payments is a powerful e-commerce plugin for accepting payments using the Stripe payment gateway. With this plugin, you can quickly set up your store and connect it your Stripe account for accepting payments easily. Stripe Payments is currently being used on over 10,000 websites for selling products and accepting both one-time and recurring payments.
How to Configure a Digital Download in Stripe Payments
1) Go to Stripe Payments > Add New Product or Edit an existing product.
2) In the Download URL section, specify a URL for this product if you wish to sell it as a digital download.
If you run a small business and wish to accept payments only using Stripe, this plugin might just be the perfect solution for you.
Sell Digital Downloads
Sell Digital Downloads (also known as WP iSell) is a simple yet powerful e-commerce plugin for selling digital files in WordPress. With this plugin, you can easily configure a file URL for your product and have the downloadable file delivered to your customer after completion of a successful payment. Sell Digital Downloads was designed specifically for selling digital downloads. Currently, this plugin is successfully being used by over thousands of users.
How to Configure a Digital File in Sell Digital Downloads
1) Go to WP iSell > Products > Add New or Edit an existing product.
2) In the File Details section, specify a File Name and a File URL for this product. If the plugin is unable to deliver the download in an encrypted form, you can always Enable Simple Download method.
All these plugins excel at selling digital goods in WordPress. So it really comes down to which one is suitable for your website and business. if you are not worried about server resources or complexity WooCommerce would be the ideal choice in my opinion.
Are you using any other plugin for selling digital files in WordPress? Feel free to share it in the comments.