When you are creating a WordPress membership site or moving to a different WordPress hosting plan, you may need to export WordPress users data to a CSV file. Unfortunately, the default WordPress export tools do not let you export WordPress users data. In this article, I will show you how you can easily export WordPress users data to a CSV file.
Why Export WordPress Users to CSV
1. The default WordPress export tool does not include user accounts. It allows you to create user accounts during the import, only if those users have content. This excludes user roles with no writing privileges like subscribers or customers in an e-commerce store.
2. Use the users’ data in your CRM platforms, email lists, or other marketing campaigns.
What is CSV
A CSV is a plain text file that contains data in a comma separated format. When you export WordPress users to a CSV file, it will contain users’ data fields separated by a comma. This file can then be opened in any spreadsheet software like Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, etc.
How to Export WordPress Users to CSV
1. Go to Plugins > Add New on your WordPress admin dashboard
2. Search for export wordpress users to csv.
3. Click Install Now and Activate afterward.
4. Go to Users > Export to CSV.
5. Export users to a CSV file based on your preference.
You can choose to export users from every role or a particular one such as Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber. You can also export users that were created within a date range.
Once you have downloaded the CSV file, you can open it in a spreadsheet program or import into other programs.
That’s all. I hope this article helped you export WordPress users data to a CSV file successfully. If you have anything to add to it, feel free to share in the comments.