HTML tables can be very useful when you are writing reviews or comparing products. However, the TinyMCE editor in WordPress doesn’t have an option to insert table into a post/page. This can be very frustrating for users who don’t have any coding knowledge in HTML. While it’s possible for developers to manually create tables, It’s still very time consuming. In this article, I will show you the easiest way to create tables in WordPress.
Creating tables in WordPress
1. First, you need to Install and activate the MCE Table Buttons plugin.
2. Create/Edit a page and you should see the table icon in the TinyMCE section of the Visual Editor.
The table option comes with the following properties at the moment:
- Table customizations – width, height, cell spacing, cell padding, border, caption, alignment, background, color, style etc.
- Table cell customizations – width, height, border, background, color, style etc.
- Merge or Split cells
- Cut/Copy/Paste table rows
- Insert a new row before/after a particular row
- Insert a new column before/after a particular column
One great thing about this feature is that it doesn’t add any custom styling to the table by default. So your table will look exactly how it’s defined in the theme (Unless you apply customizations). This works great for me as I like to maintain a clean and sleek design on my website.
And that’s all you need to do to enable the table option in WordPress. If you have any questions feel free to share it in the comments.