Google Drive allows you to store/backup your documents, photos, videos, and more in a secure cloud storage online. You can access your documents from anywhere, make changes to it or even update it. In this article I will show you how you can easily embed a Google document in your WordPress post/page.
In order to embed a document you need to first login to your Google Drive account. If you already don’t have the doc file in your account you can upload it by simply dragging and dropping into the file upload area. Alternatively, you can upload it by clicking on the “New” button.
1. Once you have the file in your storage right click on it and select “Get shareable link”.
2. This will enable “Link Sharing” on your Google Doc file, which means anyone with the link can now view it. This is to make sure that the document is publicly accessible.
3. When you enable “Link Sharing” on a document, the URL is automatically copied to your clipboard. Now copy and paste the URL into the address bar.
4. This will allows you to view the document in your browser. Click on the menu with vertical dotted lines and select “Embed item”.
5. This will pop up the HTML embed code for this document.
6. Go to your WordPress admin dashboard. Create a new post/page or edit one. Switch to the “Text” view and paste the HTML embed code into the content area.
7. Save the page. Your embedded document should appear like the following:
That’s it! You have now successfully embedded a Google document in WordPress. I have used a PDF file for this tutorial. But you can embed any Google document using this method.
If you have any questions feel free to share it in the comment section.