Easy Media WordPress Download Plugin

Easy Media Download is a WordPress file download plugin which allows you to offer free digital downloads to your WordPress site visitors. You can easily create colorful download buttons for different types of media files such as photos, software, videos, documents, e-books, songs, graphics etc. This WordPress download manager plugin lets you create a download button for anything that is hosted on your server or hosted publicly on a remote web server.

easy media download wordpress plugin

Table of Contents

Easy Media Download Info

Plugin Name: Easy Media Download
Version: 1.1.8
File Format: application/zip
Requires: WordPress 6.0
Rating: 4.0 based on 28 votes
See All Ratings/Submit Your Rating Here
Price: 0 USD

WordPress Download Plugin Installation

• Login to your WordPress admin dashboard
  • Go to Plugins->Add New
  • Enter Easy Media Download in the search box
  • Once you find the plugin hit the install button

Option 2

• Download the zip version of the plugin
  • Go to Plugins->Add New and switch to the Upload tab
  • Select the zip file on your computer
  • Upload and install it

Option 3

• Download the Easy Media Download plugin and extract the zip file
  • Connect to your website via FTP (you can use a software like Filezilla to transfer files to your server) and browse to the “/wp-content/plugins” folder
  • Select the folder containing the plugin files on your computer and upload it
  • Once all the files have been uploaded to your web server you can activate the plugin from the Plugins menu (WordPress admin dashboard)

Features

• Easy digital downloads for WordPress.
  • You can offer free downloads from your website by creating download buttons.
  • Deliver free digital downloads such as music download, video download, e-book download.
  • Let you offer free software downloads such as plugin download, web application download, mobile application download.
  • Offer free pdf download, movie download, song or mp3 download.
  • Allow free document/file downloads such as Word doc download, Excel spreadsheet download, PowerPoint slides download.
  • Create free image file/photo downloads such as jpeg file download, png file download, gif file download.
  • You can easily manage downloads by hosting your downloadable files either remotely or on your server
  • Upload downloads via WordPress media uploader (you don’t need a file manager plugin for that)
  • Track free downloads or download clicks by integrating with your Google Analytics account
  • Host your digital downloads anywhere on the web where it’s publicly accessible (e.g. Dropbox download, Google Drive download)
  • Create beautiful download buttons dynamically with shortcodes
  • Create colorful download buttons with various colors and styles
  • Force the browser to show download prompt when a download button is clicked
  • No additional setup or complicated configuration – Simply install, activate and create download buttons.

WordPress Download Plugin Demo

WordPress Download Plugin Usage

Create a new WordPress post/page and embed the following shortcode:

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip"]

You need to replace the value of the url parameter with your digital download URL.

There are some additional shortcode parameters that you can use to customize the download button:

Download Button Text

By default, the text for the download button is Download Now. But you can specify a different text for your button using the text parameter.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download"]

Download Button Templates

Easy Media Download allows you to customize download buttons in 21 different styles. The default style is red_darker which can be specified in the color parameter of the shortcode.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" color="red_darker"]

Other available styles:

• purple_dark
  • purple_light
  • yellow_red
  • hot_pink
  • pink

Download Button Image

If you are looking for full button customization, you can do so by specifying your own button image. For example:

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/images/button.jpg"]

Download Button Width

The default width for the download button is “153”. To specify a different width you can use the width parameter.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" width="100"]

Download Button Height

By default, the height for the download button is “41”. To specify a different height you can use the height parameter.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" width="100" height="50"]

Download Window

By default, the download starts in the same window. To open the download in a new window you can specify the target parameter.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" target="_blank"]

Here is a screenshot of the free download button:

screenshot showing how easy media download plugin in action

Custom CSS Class

In addition to various button templates, If you want to apply custom styling to a button, you can do so by using the class parameter in the shortcode.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" class="myclass"]

You can specify multiple CSS classes in the shortcode.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" class="myclass1 myclass2 myclass3"]

Force a File Download

Usually, the browser opens the file in the same window for known media types. If you want to force it to prompt for download, you can do so by specifying the force_dl parameter.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.mp4" text="Free Download" force_dl="1"]

Please note that this parameter doesn’t work in Safari.

You can use the HTML link rel attribute in the shortcode to define the relationship between your page and the linked download.

[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.mp4" text="Free Download" rel="nofollow"]

Easy Media Download Shortcode 2

With easy media download shortcode 2, you can create a download button with any color.

[easy_media_download2 url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" bg_color="#CC0000"]

Background Color

The background color of the download button is “#3498db” by default. You can customize it using the “bg_color” parameter.

Font Color

The color of the download button text is “#ffffff” by default. You can customize it using the “font_color” parameter.

[easy_media_download2 url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" font_color="#71B02F"]

Hover Background Color

The “hover_bg_color” parameter can be used to change the background color of the download button when you mouse over it.

[easy_media_download2 url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" bg_color="#3498db" hover_bg_color="#3cb0fd"]

Font Size

The size of the download button text is “15px” by default. You can customize it using the “font_size” parameter.

[easy_media_download2 url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/file.zip" text="Free Download" font_color="#71B02F" font_size="20px"]

Language Support

The plugin has been translated into the following languages:

• French
  • Spanish
  • German
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Turkish

If you would like to help translate it into your language or improve existing translation please contact me or leave a comment on this page.

Easy Media Download Add-ons

Easy Media Download plugin comes with various add-ons that you can use to enhance its functionality on your website.

User Only Download

User Only Download add-on allows you to set up download buttons that will only be visible to logged in WordPress users.

Priority Support

If you are having an issue with the plugin, our support team can help investigate it by taking a closer look at your site.

Easy Media Download Technical Support
Easy Media Download Technical Support
Our technical support team will troubleshoot Easy Media Download plugin related issues on your website.
Price: $29.99

380 thoughts on “Easy Media WordPress Download Plugin”

1. I don’t understand how this works…

• @Ebube, Have you entered a shortcode into the shortcode block?

2. I would like to add auto download system
    so is is possible ?

• @Tanmoy, Not possible unfortunately

3. Is there a way to add download count?

4. Thanks for this lovely information sharing with us. But by question is it is little hard process to embed code. Can you make short code for downloading any document like pdf, images, video and zip with one code features.

• @Hindi, It should work for pdf, images, video, zip files as well.

5. If I specify a color, the button changes to a specific size and ignores all width and height settings. I remove color and specify bg_color or hover_bg_color and I still get the default red. Font_color doesn;t seem to have any effect as well.

What am I doing wrong?

• @Russell, Please provide the shortcode and a link to the page so I can take a look.

• I added you to the site as an admin. I had to make up an email address: debug@debug.com There is nothing secret there and I have backups of my backups. Go ahead and play. The trick is how to send you the password without it being a post for everyone to see.

The page is ‘Download’

[easy_media_download url="https://wintner.us/wp-content/uploads/The-Klein-Family.mp4" text="Download Klein Family" color="blue_four" width="450" height="150" target="_blank" force_dl="1"]

• @Russell, I don’t need admin access for this. If you don’t want to share the link here you can use the contact form on the site.

6. Hi,

Is there a way to change the font used by the button? Can’t seem to find an option for it.

Thanks!

• Sorry, I’m an idiot… I just re-read the instructions and created a custom style to change the font family and weight, as below (in case it helps others)…

.DownloadButton {
      font-family: Noto Sans JP !important;
      font-weight: 100 !important;
      }

7. I create the link for the download, but when I perform the test and touch the button, the page restarts, it loads again but it doesn’t download anything? please help

• @Mauricio, Please provide a link to the page in question so I can take a look.

8. Hi

iThemes Security mark your plugin with a “Easy Media Download <= 1.1.4 – Authenticated Stored Cross-Site Scripting". This is critical – do you plan an update now?

Kind regards
    John

• @John, I released an update 2 days ago.

9. Is there a way to round the button corners?

10. Yesterday I installed the plugin, configured the short code for immediate download and it worked perfectly. Today I test and it plays the MP3 instead of downloading it. What is happening?

11. Hi, I want to change font fmaily but it wont be changed:
    text="Download here" bg_color="#ead3cf" hover_bg_color="#7b7072" "font-family:'Courier New'"

• @Nour, What shortcode are you using?

• This shortcode witin text
        text=”Download here” bg_color=”#ead3cf” hover_bg_color=”#7b7072″ “font-family:’Courier New'”

• @Nour, You are not using any brackets? Unfortunately there is no font family at the moment.

12. I have to buttons, when I place them side by side, there’s no space between them and it doesn’t look nice. How can I add spaces

13. Super me funciono excelente
    Gracias

14. Hello,
    Your plugin did work really well but now, when you click on the DOWNLOAD NOW buttons, all that happens is the image file opens in the browser window. Nothing automatically downloads! 🙁

Please see this page: https://alzauthors.com/authors-tools/

And this is the shortcode we are using for the first DOWNLOAD NOW button on this page: [easy_media_download url="https://alzauthors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/proud-alzauthor_curvedrectangle.png" color="blue"]

All the other buttons follow the same code with a different url for the image.

I thought the problem was due to some new plugins we recently added but I deactivated all new plugins and the problem still exists. Any help you can provide would be very appreciated! Thank you!

• @Kathryn, Have you tried the “force_dl” parameter?

15. Hi Noor, I am having the same problem with Kathryn, and yes, I added the “force_dl” parameter but still not working. I appreciate your help.

• @Anne, What shortcode are you using?

• Hi Noor, thank you for your reply. I am using Easy Media WordPress Download Plugin. My shortcode is like this [easy_media_download url="https://mydomain.com/image.jpg" text="Download" target="_blank" class="manifesto" force_dl="1"]

• @Anne, Thanks. It seems to be working fine in Firefox and Chrome. What browser are you using? Please provide a link to the page where you are using the shortcode.

16. Hi I have tried all the different variations of codes you have on your demo page. Most of them dont work for me. What have I done wrong? I need a button with instant download with text.

• @Peter, What shortcode are you using? Have you inserted it into a shortcode block?

• Hi Yes I did do that.

• [easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.mp3" force_dl="1"]Download Button Templates

This one does not work

17. [easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.zip" target="_blank"] (opens the download in a new window)Force File Download

This one does not work for for me either

18. [easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.zip" text="Free Download"]

This one I can use but it will only open the picture with a website not download directly.

• @Peter, Thanks. Please provide a link to the page where you are using these shortcodes.

• Hi When I dont put it in a code block thy work…. Sorry

• @Peter, Shortcode is a WordPress feature. It’s not the same as the HTML code tag.

19. When I click on the Download button, I get a white screen with this message:

TCPDF ERROR: The font definition file has a bad format: /home/efqvux34l7w6/public_html/wp-content/uploads/fonts/helvetica.php

How can this be fixed?

• @Jerry, The plugin doesn’t show this error. Please provide a link to the page where you have the download button.

• I contacted GoDaddy and they said the problem is on their server. They are looking into it right now.

20. Here is what I am experiencing:

If I am logged in to WordPress through the Dashboard and I click on the DownLoad button, I get a window asking me if I want to save the file or open it in one of my PDF programs. It also shows a dropdown box with my PDF programs listed. THAT is the response I want.

However, if I am NOT logged in to WordPress (and none of my clients or followers will be), I see a window with a textbox for my email address stating it will email me the PDF file. Although this works, I would prefer the other method. Is there a way to fix this?

• @Jerry, I believe you are using a different plugin. There is no option in this plugin that asks for the email address.