Are you using the WordPress gallery feature to create beautiful photo gallery? WordPress Sell Photo plugin will help you add e-commerce functionality to it. You can easily create buy buttons to sell digital photos or photo prints online from your website.
Sell Photo Summary
Sell Photo Plugin Installation
- Go to Plugins->Add New from your WP dashboard
- Enter Sell Photo in the search box
- Once you have found the plugin install it
- Download the zip version of sell photo plugin
- Go to Plugins->Add New to upload it
- Switch to the Upload tab
- Browse to the directory on your computer where you have the plugin zip file saved
- Select the zip file
- Upload and install it
- Download the zip plugin file and extract it on your computer
- Connect to your site via FTP
- Browse to the plugins directory (“/wp-content/plugins”)
- Select the folder that contains the plugin files and upload it to your server
- Activate the plugin when you are done
Sell Photo Quick Start Video
Here is a video demonstrating how you can set up the plugin:
Sell Photo Plugin Settings
Once you have installed the plugin you will be able to access the settings menu by navigating to “Settings->Sell Photo”.
In the settings area you will need to configure some options related to your PayPal merchant account and e-commerce WordPress photo gallery.
- PayPal Email: The email where you will accept the payment
- Currency Code: The currency of the payment
- Price Amount: The default price of each gallery photo
- Button Text/Image: The text or image for the Buy button
- Return URL: The URL where a customers will be redirected to after a payment
Sell Photo Plugin Usage
Create a new post/page and upload your photos by clicking on the Add Media button. Once you have all the photos uploaded you can select them and choose to create a gallery (on the media uploader window). Insert the gallery and switch to Text mode to view the shortcode. It should look similar to the following:
gallery link="file" ids="687,688,689,690,691,692"]
All you need to do is add a “sell_photo” parameter and the plugin will create a payment button for each gallery image.
gallery link="file" ids="687,688,689,690,691,692" sell_photo="1"]
By default the price specified in the plugin settings will apply on a gallery. But you can choose to specify a different amount.
gallery link="file" ids="687,688,689,690,691,692" sell_photo="1" price="6.99"]
Publish/update the page to view your e-commerce photo gallery.
If a user clicks on the buy button it will take them to the PayPal payment page where they can pay for the photo/image.