Simple YouTube Embed is a WordPress plugin that allows you to embed YouTube videos and make it responsive and prettier. You can embed a YouTube video with the highest resolution version of its thumbnail image and present it much more professionally to your visitors. You can also prevent YouTube from showing related videos when a video finishes playing and apply advanced customizations such as hiding player controls, title, uploader info, fullscreen option etc.
Simple YouTube Embed Info
- A self-hosted WordPress site running on a WordPress optimized environment like Bluehost.
- Support for the oEmbed API.
YouTube Embed Plugin Installation
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard
- Go to Plugins->Add New
- Enter Simple YouTube Embed in the search box
- Once you find the plugin hit the install button
- Download the zip version of the plugin
- Go to Plugins->Add New and switch to the Upload tab
- Select the zip file on your computer
- Upload and install it
- Download the zip file and extract it
- Connect to your website via FTP (you can use a software like Filezilla to transfer files to your server) and browse to the “/wp-content/plugins” folder
- Select the folder containing the plugin files on your computer and upload it
- Once all the files have been uploaded to your web server, you can activate the plugin from the Plugins menu (WordPress admin dashboard)
YouTube Embed Plugin Usage
You can easily embed a YouTube video by inserting the URL into your visual/text editor. For example:
Once you publish the post/page, your YouTube video should like the following:
If you already have some YouTube videos embedded, the plugin will automatically make them pretty like the one above.
Disable Related Videos
Add “rel=0” to the URL if you wish to disable related videos from displaying when the YouTube video finishes.
Disable Player Controls
Add “controls=0” to the URL if you wish to disable YouTube player controls.
Disable Video Information
Add “showinfo=0” to the URL to prevent video information (title and uploader) from displaying in the YouTube player.
Add “fs=0” to the URL to disable fullscreen option in the YouTube player.